KE 4: Climate Change communication and capacity building expert
Project Title: "Nigeria Climate Change Response Programme - NCCRP"
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Engagement: 800 WDs
Duration: 48 months, estimated to start by August 2019
Sector: Environment / Energy
The purpose of this contract is the development of a good planning framework for supporting the country in achieving the conditional 45% NDC targets, working on data quality and accuracy in order to guarantee climate action transparency, ensuring intersectoral institutional engagement in its implementation, as well as the definition of the future priority sector to be included in the next NDCs (i.e. waste) to raise the GHG level ambition of the country.
Qualifications and skills
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent in journalism, communication, international relations with special knowledge of IT and website systems.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated expert experience in preparing media and communication strategy, including lobbying and advocacy strategies.
General professional experience
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of relevant professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide 3 project references in the last 8 years related to the climate change and/or environment and/or sustainable development, facilitating contact with media in preparation of international conferences, workshops and other relevant events at which project publications will be presented and discussed.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in using networking to facilitate the development of public debated on topics presented in the publications, including but not limited to facilitating television and other media appearances.
Specific professional experience
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on climate negotiation debate matured through participation at international meetings/fora on sustainable development and/or climate change.
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in reforming communication system, in professional and organizational capacity development, including designing and implementing large scale training programs.
Benefits working with PLANET:
- Offers professional experience in highly competitive international working environment;
- Provides assistance in the social development and economic growth of the beneficiary countries;
- Establishes a long-term relationship with qualified experts;
- Offers highly compensated assignments.