KE 3: Senior expert on Waste management
Project Title: "Nigeria Climate Change Response Programme - NCCRP"
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Engagement: 800 WDs
Duration: 48 months, estimated to start by August 2019
Sector: Environment / Energy
The purpose of this contract is the development of a good planning framework for supporting the country in achieving the conditional 45% NDC targets, working on data quality and accuracy in order to guarantee climate action transparency, ensuring inter-sectoral institutional engagement in its implementation, as well as the definition of the future priority sector to be included in the next NDCs (i.e. waste) to raise the GHG level ambition of the country.
Qualifications and skills
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent, in environmental sciences/management, Solid Waste Management (SWM), Financial Management, engineering or related field.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Management of projects/programmes in the field of SWM, with a special focus on low and middle income economies.
- Working successfully with public authorities including Ministries or regional or local governments in similar assignments.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
General professional experience
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years of experience must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide project references in the last 5 years related to the solid waste management in the African context.
- 10 years general professional experience with emphasis on experience in public services sector.
- Experience in operating and/or monitoring of public services will be an advantage.
- Demonstrable knowledge and good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms will be regarded as a strong advantage.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on solid waste management protocols, procedures, guidelines and regulation system.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Communicating Solid Waste Program policies, regulatory interpretations and technical issues
- Working experience within the African regional context dealing with reviewing siting and/or approval of engineering, ground water monitoring plans and/or technical plans for solid waste management sites and/or solid waste treatment and disposal facilities and similar will be regarded as a strong advantage.
- Experience in developing, finalizing and overseeing annual solid waste program budget in coordination with national stakeholders will be regarded as a strong advantage.
Benefits working with PLANET:
- Offers professional experience in highly competitive international working environment;
- Provides assistance in the social development and economic growth of the beneficiary countries;
- Establishes a long-term relationship with qualified experts;
- Offers highly compensated assignments.